Skip to main content

Epicute does Pizza

Since I was already trolling the icanhascheezburger universe yesterday I thought I would pop over to Epicute and see what they had going on with their pizza game. It isn't as tight as I had hoped for but there were some cute posts.

Exhibit A: Pizza Cats
So cute!













Exhibit B: Pizza Hearts
This is what my heart looks like for sure.

Comments

his is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.
Want to eat a real pizza, made in wood oven.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Pizza: Part Four: Barquitos

When I was a young student of Richmond Public Schools, we were often served a very weird pizza-like dish called "barquitos" for lunch in the cafeterium (cafeteria+auditorium+gymnasium).  I have NEVER been able to find out anything about barquito pizza on the internet. I did however, find out that barquito means little boat in Spanish. A barquito is basically a french bread pizza topped with seasoned taco meat (probably left over lunch the day before) and cheddar cheese.  I feel like maybe there was a similar dish with sloppy joe meat but who can really be sure. I have done my best to block out school lunch from my memories. What is this dish? I only ever had it in elementary school. Is it the concoction of a lunch lady? Is it a real food item? What is a barquito?

The Inebriator

  Here is my belated entry for the Municipal Waste Pizza Contest! I am so excited that this contest happened. I think it is fucking rad that a band from RVA had a pizza contest. I'm going to try to organize a similar event in Richmond! The Inebriator: Cheesy green toxic waste, pig skin and cheese from a baphomet on a slice of beer presented on pillars of PBR! Or Mozzarella pesto, prosciutto and chevre (goats cheese) on a beer-bread crust Stretch dough and spread out a generous amount of pesto. Top with prosciutto and small dollops of chevre. Bake until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden. Cut into a pentagram. Stack pie pan on 5 cans of ice cold PBR Beer and serve. Dough Ingredients: 1 cup warm (110 degrees to 120 degrees) beer 3 tablespoons olive oil 1 tablespoon sugar 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt 1 1/2 ounces fresh yeast 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting Directions: Combine beer, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sugar, salt, and yeast. Slowly add flour, and mix. On...

Best Pizza in Richmond

Lots of my pizzalicious friends have been pointing out that Richmond.com currently has a poll on their site for the best pizza in Richmond. However, it has also come to our attention that they have left out several notable pizzerias, namely Jo-Jo's, Sette and Tarantino's.  Here on Pizzalicious we have tried to come up with a more comprehensive list of  beloved pizzerias in order to find out who is REALLY the best. vote away! Leave a comment with any joints we missed.