Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fellow Richmond Pizza Blogers!

Yesterday while shopping at Carytown Bikes, my sister Maya and I ran into a fellow pizza blogger from Richmond. Hello Andy (and also Grant) from the blog Pamparius. These Pizzalicious fellows agree that 8 1/2 is hands down THE BEST PIZZA in Richmond. I wonder if they have ever tried the anchovies there? I'm so looking forward to reading more of this blog and hopefully eating some pizza with this guys. I'm down for a pizza party any time dudes!

Check out their wonderful and well written blog here! Of course the name of their blog comes from the guitar/keyboard player, Pål Pot Pamparius, of the awesome Norwegian punk band Turbonegro. Pål Pot Pamparius also runs a pizza joint in Norway called Pamparius. Here is a video for their song, "The Age Of Pamparius," in which they pay tribute to this fine establishment. This song is off of Turbonegro's 1998 album Apocalypse Dudes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Robo said...

So I finally introduced my girlfriend to 8 1/2. The other night, I patched up her new moped, ordered a white pizza and a mushroom pizza, grabbed a 40 of PBR, and rode up to the Oregon Hill gazebo to stare at the skyline.

Best RVA date-night ever...

She spent the past several years living in the Bronx and wholeheartedly agrees with 8 1/2's awesomeness.

Pizzalicious Lauren said...

OH La la Robbie. Your date was Pizzalicious! 8 1/2 is the best. Try the anchovies, but don't expect to get smooched with anchovy breath.